What happens in our sessions and what are we trying to achieve?
For more details on our sessions, please see below:
Solutions Not Sides Programme Principles
The subject of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict will be approached according to the following principles by speakers and staff of Solutions Not Sides:
1. Acknowledgment that the remit of Solutions Not Sides is not advocacy, partisan solidarity or normalisation
2. Concern for the human rights and national interests of both sides, having regard for freedom, equality, security and peace for all Israelis and Palestinians
3. Understanding that the status quo does not currently achieve this
4. Commitment to pursue a win-win outcome
5. Acceptance that both sides bear responsibility for bringing about a resolution to the conflict
6. Open-mindedness to embrace continuous learning about the complexity of the various narratives
7. Willingness to accept the legitimacy of others’ personal stories and experiences and to model respectful disagreement
8. Rejection of conspiracy theories and a blame culture
9. Intolerance of Antisemitism and Anti-Muslim racism
10. Declaration that violence on either side of the conflict will not be promoted or endorsed in any way
Safeguarding & Child Protection
Solutions Not Sides takes the care and safety of children, young adults and vulnerable adults very seriously. We seek to ensure wherever possible best practice with regards to safeguarding is followed by all staff and volunteers. Please click the button below to see our safeguarding policy.
If you have a specific concern regarding a workshop conducted by SNS or the Student Leadership Programme, please contact our Designated Safeguarding Lead, Sharon Booth, on the number below.
SNS Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL): Sharon Booth
0207 284 5941
If you have any general concerns please see below:
If you are an adult and have any concerns whatsoever about the safety of a child please call the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000.
If you are a child and are concerned about yourself, your siblings, friends or any other children, please call Childline on 0800 1111.
If a child or vulnerable adult is in immediate danger please call 999 immediately.